Good thing a stack of platters can still look pretty while they're waiting for a semi-permanent perch.
And I do a lot of juggling jugs too.
I really just live in a little rabbity cottage with tiny rooms and not much storage. Feels like it anyway.
I was far too enraptured by the look of the kitchens of Brambly Hedge when I was reading those stories to the kids when they were small. (Thank you, Jill Barklem. Where are you today?) But they're just so cheery to me! I overlook that I don't live in the English countryside of another century. (Or different species.)
My first sideboard post had more of a random catch-all spirit to it. I thought it would be fun to line up the different looks that I've shown you over the last couple of years.
Here's the dresser all dressed up. That post is here.
Then redone for Christmas, here. I used a touch of red transferware, and kept my doggies for that one.
My menagerie of canines is one of those piles of objects to be figured out. But I can assure you they will be treated humanely while I do. The new post here.
Finally, I thought I would tell you about the rusty key you've seen on my sideboard. I bought my dresser at auction without a key for one hundred dollars. It was intended for sale, so I "housed" the cupboard in my dining room while I spent a little while trying every key I came across until I found one that worked. But by that time I was too attached to give up my "Welsh" cupboard, as some call it. A while later I forgot to remove the key from the door before some very young visitors came, and it went missing. It went missing for months, until one day it turned up in the rusty bottom of a large bird cage on the patio. Where that key started in life, I have no idea. But it's been an interesting exercise in patience. And it brought my Old Sideboard, Welsh Cupboard, English Dresser to me. . . .
I hope it's all coming together for you wherever you are!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Jacqueline
Join me at
Cottage Monday
0 Yorumlar