Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lord Kairugawa

This figure is from North Star Military Figures. It was a new release which was made together with Osprey's Ronin rulebook written by Craig Woodfield.
http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=152&page=1
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/Ronin-%E2%80%93-Skirmish-Wargames-in-the-Age-of-the-Samurai_9781780968469
I was extremely lucky to get myself the rulebook, the Bushi Buntai and Koryu Buntai set a while back. I'll write a review later when I've played a few games but today is just about painting one of the figures.

This one is from the Bushi Buntai set. Again, I'll write a proper review of the set because the presentation and figures are really really nice. 
http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=5452 

Some green stuff and grey resin casting and we have horns.
 I got the idea for the horns from a book I bought in Tokyo all the way back in 1996 when I was there for training.
And I really liked the red armour also from the book.
And to make sure I was able to get see all the details of the armour during painting I decided to basecoat grey followed by a thin wash of Dark Tone of the Army Painter wash.
And so Lord Kairugawa of the Tokugawa clan is ready for war.

I haven't painted the back banner yet because I'm still musing over how best to paint the Tokugawa clan crest.
If you guys have any suggestions or even know where I can get 28mm size Tokugawa transfers/decals I would be eternally thankful. 

Thanks for pooping by and appreciate any and all comments :)

Have a good week ahead.
 
 
 
 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar