Did you have the glorious weekend that I had weather wise? Oh I hope so! Saturday afternoon the thermometer was teasing into the 80's. I know, you're wondering how can a winter lover be excited about warm weather. Well, I have to admit I do not mind warm weather when there is little to no humidity. I sat outside in the sunshine and read my book. Frodo was not having the warm weather, he wanted back inside where it was a bit cooler.
I read Beartown and finished the book after a mini reading marathon. I went to a local cafe for lunch by myself and cracked open the book (I was maybe 1/4 into the story). Well let me tell you what! I was caught up into the scenes, setting and events intensely. After my lunch, I returned home and read all afternoon, took a break for dinner then proceeded to read until the early evening. On Saturday morning I finished the book. I highly recommend, but I warn that it involves a sensitive subject, although not graphic in details.
I cannot remember the last time I was deeply engrossed in a novel. I loved it! Since I'm going through 'good book withdrawal', I'm reading a palate cleanser and switching to some non-fiction. Hallelujah Anyway by Anne Lamott. She makes me smile and I nod in agreement with nearly everything she says.
Sticking to my goals, I walked about with my big camera and snapped some photos. I miss doing this on a regular basis and love getting into the routine. I wonder why we as adults neglect to engage in the activities that bring us joy? For me, I let other activities crowd out the fun ones.
This morning, I attended 7:30 a.m. Mass and was excited the music accompaniment was absent. Super fast and efficient! I'm still doing laundry, but the house is relatively clean. I've cast on another knitting project in lace weight and I'm rejiggering the pattern. I want a rectangle instead of a square. Let's hope my math is correct. I'll make a project page and share more for Wednesday's post.
![]() |
| the deer have permanently trimmed my front bushes |
How was your weekend?









0 Yorumlar