Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sunday Lunch Tablescape



Setting the table for an elegant dinner brings back lots of memories for
me now.  A mix of memories both old and new.  I have things that 
belonged to my Grandmother, my Mother and me.  Three generations at
one table.  When I was growing up Sunday lunch was a tradition.
The table was set early, a roast was in the oven and off to church we
would go.




We called it Sunday Lunch.  It was a fairly formal affair.  Out came the
good linens, china, crystal and silver.  You can't see them very well but
the antique crystal candle sticks belonged to my Grandmother.





We often used this china which belonged to my Mom.  I love this pattern
and have not seen it before. The peonies are so pretty.  



Mom's Hungarian water goblets that come in many soft colors.  This
pink one is one of my favorites.  I always wanted the pink goblet.
Fortunately there is more than one.




Little individual salt and pepper shakers.




Those are my crystal knife rests.  Such a handy way to rest the knife
and keep the linens stain free.



The sterling is flatware is mine too.  It is a Kirk Stieff pattern from
colonial Williamsburg.  It's no longer being made sadly.  I believe the
company is now out of business.  So sad.  It was a wonderful old
silver manufacturer.  Oh no, I am mistaken.  They are still in 
business, just not making this pattern any more.





My Mom's coffee service on my Grandmother's silver tray.




I love this old butler's tray.  It really is useful.




Pearl handled spoons that belonged to my Mother-in-Law.  




My Daddy looked like a sweet old English gentleman.  He was
very "old school" and liked to have an after dinner drink ... 




with his coffee which Mom and Daddy would enjoy in what my
Mom always called the drawing room.  While my Grandmother was
alive she had dinner with us too.  After Sunday lunch, the dishes were
cleared and washed.  Sunday dresses and suits were changed for 
casual clothes and the rest of the day was free for Sunday rides in the
country or whatever.  It was a lovely tradition that created lovely
memories.  Thanks for taking this trip down memory lane with me.



For all those years, we always had a little dog that enjoyed
sitting under the table for Sunday Lunch.  Each one of them
was quiet and waited patiently for their lunch too, just like
Bentley does today. 

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley 









Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar