Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

March Reading in Review - Thoughts for April Plans

Was it me or was March the longest month ever?   We didn't have a lot of spring-like weather and I felt like I spent too much time indoors except for a few shorter walks each day.   March was a birthday month for both my daughter and DIL but, no formal get togethers or cake celebrations just yet.  So far my husband, daughter and SIL are fully vaccinated and I'm getting my final vaccination tomorrow (fingers crossed). My son and DIL should be eligible by the end of April, so hoping by summer we can all gather once again.

On a positive note, more indoor time in March meant for a lot of reading and mostly all were really enjoyable reads.

I read 21 books but, 7 were children's books with significantly fewer pages than the norm. Here's a breakdown:

READING: My reading choices for February were mostly winners so I was pleased.

I read (21) books and had (2) DNF.

(7) children's books

(19) Fiction

(2) Non Fiction

(10) print books - (7) from my shelves of which (7) were sent by publishers and (3) from library

(5) audio books - (3)  library  download and (2) publisher download (0) purchased

(6) eBooks/eGalleys - (5) publisher downloads (1) purchase

(18) female authors  (YTD) (42)

(3) male authors       (YTD) ( 9)

YTD Total (51)


Countries traveled to through the books I've read:  United Kingdom (2X),  France, New Zealand, Japan and New Caledonia.

US States:  CA, MT, AL, TX, KY and WA

                                                            Favorite Reads in MARCH




  1. We Begin at the End, Chris Whitaker - 4.5/5 Setting: CA and MT
  2. Band of Sisters, Lauren Willig - 4/5 Setting: France/WWI
  3. The Wife Upstairs; Rachel Hawkins - 4/5 Setting: Alabama
  4. Quiet in Her Bones; Nalini Singh - 3.5/5 Setting: New Zealand
  5. I Am a Bird, Hope Lim - 5/5
  6. The Best Place in the World, Petr Horacek - 5/5
  7. Mother May I; Joshilyn Jackson - 3.5/5 
  8. The Four Winds; Kristin Hannah - 5/5 Setting: TX and CA
  9. The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek; Kim Michele Richardson - 5/5 Setting: KY
  10. A Cat's Tale: A Journey Through Feline History; Dr. Paul Koudounaris - NF - 3/5
  11. The Darkest Evening; Ann Cleeves - 4.5/5 Setting: UK, Nortumberland
  12. The Boy in the Field; Margot Livesey - 4/5 Setting: UK, Oxford
  13. Convenience Store Woman; Sayaka Murata - 5/5 Setting: Japan
  14. Between Two Kingdoms; Suleika Jaouad - NF/Memoir - 4/5
  15. Jasmine Green Rescue Series;  A Goat Called Willow; Helen Peters - 5/5
  16. A Kitten Called Holly; Helen Peters - 5/5
  17. A Duckling Called Button; Helen Peters - 5/5
  18. A Lamb Called Lucky; Helen Peters - 5/5
  19. A Piglet Called Truffle; Helen Peters - 5/5
  20. Do No Harm; Christina McDonald - 2/5 Setting: WA
  21. Miss Benson's Beetle; Rachel Joyce - 4/5 Setting: New Caledonia (no review yet)
DNF
  1. The Lightness; Emily Temple 
  2. Dark Horses; Susan Mihalic 
April Plans
  • Finish - Strangers on a Train; Patricia Highsmith
  • Review - Miss Benson's Beetle
  • Book Group Pick - The Night Circus; Erin Morgenstern (read in 2012 so I will need a refresher)
Hope to Reads
  1. Later; Stephen King
  2. The Sanatorium; Sarah Pearse
  3. Island of Sea Women; Lisa See
  4. The Night Always Comes; Willy Vlautin
  5. Nives; Sacha Naspini
  6. Vera; Carol Edgarian
  7. Infinite Country; Patricia Engel
  8. The Henna Artist; Alka Joshi
  9. Good Neighbors; Sarah Langon
  10. Hour of the Witch; Chris Bohjalian
Do you have in specific plans for April?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar