![]() |
| (Source) |
From the beginning of the film I was drawn in, the tension was excellent, the action was well paced.
Other than having an LCS* standing in for a Syrian frigate, the movie was very well done.
Did I have a quibble here and there (other than the LCS)? Sure, after all film makers aren't always known for their attention to military accuracy. Their job is to tell an interesting story with characters that (they hope) the audience will care about.
They did just that with Le Chant du Loup. A very entertaining film with a plot which is all too possible in today's insane world. Good characters, folks you care about, folks you hope survive. You can watch it in the original French (with subtitles) or dubbed in English. I tried it in English, didn't work for me, I had to watch it in French, after all, the sailors are French. Having them speak with American accents just seemed off. (I couldn't watch Das Boot dubbed in English either.)
Anyhoo, I give the film four out of five Phantoms, it was entertaining.
Give it a shot. (Yeah, yeah, it's on Netflix, Obama bad, blah, blah, blah. They still show some excellent films.)
At least the filmmakers found a use for the LCS.
* Littoral Combat Ship, aka Little Crappy Ship. Specifically the Freedom-Class version of those useless vessels.


0 Yorumlar