Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A cracked rib??

It was bound to happen. It was quite a fall I took...in fact, was even airborne for a few seconds, as my feet came completely off the ground before landing kerplunk on my left side in the wet grass.   It was all my fault, really it was. Eli is the sweetest, most gentle, kindest dog ever! 


We had been romping and playing in the back yard early yesterday morning. This routine is daily. Eli goes in the goat lot while I feed the chickens, let the rooster out, carry BunBun to his play pen, feed the ducks and guineas, let Jewel and her chicks out...then Eli goes for a walk and we play for 30 minutes or so in the back yard.

Poppy came walking down to the pond. All this rain has put the little pier under water again, see the picture with the chairs sitting out in the water, so his plan was to clear the packed leaves from the drain pipe which would let the water flow again.


I clipped Eli's leash on and we walked out on the dam to watch Poppy...the leash was around my left wrist and wrapped...I was relaxed, not conscience of the fact there was a 140 pound animal tied to me. When little Weetie came walking out of the woods at the far end of the dam, Eli, also forgetting that we were tied together, bounded off to meet her. That's when I went airborne and landed hard on my left side. What a sight that must have been. Are you alright, asked Poppy, while I'm half way laughing, moaning and groaning with poor Eli licking my face. It's a scary feeling...that feeling of being all broken up inside. 

Poppy got my hand and helped me get to my feet. I could stand, I could walk, I could almost take a deep breath.

My left side, hip bone to my shoulder is sore, maybe even with a cracked a rib. It hurts to take a deep breath, but really I'm fine. 

Yesterday turned out to be the most productive day I've had in a long time. The sun was shinning!! Yay!! With a bucket of warm soapy water, I got the greenhouse washed and sparkly clean. Then using the extendable tree limb saw/cutter, I cut down every tree except for three big ones, and every overhanging limb from the ditch and road side across the road, the entire length of our 5-acre property. My reason for doing all this is a story in itself. 

Thank you for listening, once again! 

Love,
Henny 







Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar