Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thursday Movie Picks: Movies about Villains

a weekly series hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves

While at a very early age I always rooted for the hero, as I grew up I became increasingly fascinated by villains, and I've found myself rooting for the bad guy more and more often. It's not a coincidence that American Psycho is one of my favourite films. As you probably imagined, this week I'm going with some villain films I love. 

Monster (2003) - Review

It tells the story of Aileen Wournos (Charlize Theron), a Daytona Beach prostitute who was convicted and executed for killing six men. This is such a thought-provoking film and Theron is mind-blowing in the role of the killer. 

Pulp Fiction (1994) - Review

I love everything about this Tarantino film. I love that it came out the year I was born. I love the intersecting story. I love the characters. I love the soundtrack. But most of all, I love that everyone is a villain here. 

The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) - Review

It follows a poor young man, Tom Ripley (Matt Damon), who is paid by a wealthy man to go to Italy and bring his son, Dickie (Jude Law), home. Tom gets a little bit too attached to Dickie and his girlfriend (Gwyneth Paltrow) though and things get out of control. This is absolutely mindblowing and Tom Ripley is one of the best villains ever if you ask me. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar