Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Wanderlust List: The U.S.


Travel is something I always enjoy and something Cecilio and I definitely want to do more often, especially before the kids come...well, even when we have kids, we still want to explore and for them to experience the wonders of this world, and this country we live in. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. I grew up right next to San Francisco, so I got to experience life in one of the coolest and most cultured cities in the U.S. (not to mention most expensive!) I also of course, visited other parts in California like Santa Cruz, Monterey, LA, San Diego, and Cresent City (bordering Oregon). Las Vegas and Reno are just around the corner so I've visited those cities too...I frequented Reno because it's just an hour an a half drive from Sacramento, and it was my dad's favorite city because the drive and Sierra mountains reminded him of growing up in the Isabela province in the Philippines. 

I've also had the privilege to visit the Grand Canyon, Seattle (mostly because it's a 2 hour drive from Vancouver where my relatives live, but I love it) and NYC (which always has a special place in my heart for obvious reasons). And I totally cannot forget all of my trips to Hawaii, one of which happened this year

Cecilio and I played a game one time creating 2 lists of places we wanted to visit: In the U.S. and International. We created it on our Day One apps (a journal app for the Mac and iPhone). So lo and behold, here is a list of places I want to visit in the U.S. and I know we will be able to someday.

1. Chicago, Illinois: Well, after NYC and LA, people think of Chicago when they think of big city life. I guess I want to go there because my relatives on my mom's side live there, however crazy they are and however reluctant I am to invite them to our wedding. I'm mostly lusting for the food: deep dish pizza and hot dogs. I definitely want to see Sears Tower, Lincoln Park and Chicago Theatre.

2. Boston, Massachusetts: Another East Coast place I've been dying to visit to its historical roots, big city meets old charming buildings, and all the seafood! Even though Cape Cod is a bit ways away, I'd love to visit there too.

3. Miami, Florida: I've never been to Florida before, but what better way to visit by going to one of the hottest beaches in the country? I'd love to check out the calm, turquoise waters with white sand because although here in the West Coast, our beaches are gorgeous but too cold and rocky, and not swimmable!

4. New Orleans, Louisiana: Cecilio and I have been talking about wanting to go there for months. We were actually going to book for December, but the airfare was too expensive and we dropped our 1st deposit for the wedding venue, so we might go next year. I've been dying to go and check out the cute little French inspired buildings, and go to Cafe du Monde, their famous coffee shop with pastries and beignets...until I saw that his former co worker went there, who I'm not too fond of (don't ask, it's a long story) but I won't let that stop us from wanting to go there. We both still really want to go.

5. Minneapolis, Minnesota: Minneapolis is one of the more underrated cities in the U.S. but is also very beautiful with booming arts and culture. Ok, I'll be honest: I first wanted to go there because of Mall of America. Haha! 

6. Washington D.C.: Another historical and educational place to visit! I could've gone in 8th grade but for whatever reason, I passed on the opportunity. My parents and sister got to go in 1987, 2 years before I was born. They had pictures in front of the White House and with a cardboard Ronald Reagan!

7. Portland, Oregon: Well...I like the healthy restaurants and the artsy culture of Portland, but I think their hipster culture is a bit too overboard. Trust me, I know San Francisco has lots of hipsters, but Portland takes it to a whole new level. I get so annoyed at the show Portlandia. Haha. But my future in laws went there this summer and it looked like they had a great time, and they even brought me the ever famous box of Voodoo Doughnuts!

8. Austin, Texas: Basically the only "liberal" and hip city in Texas, Austin is booming with music, art, culture and food trucks! It's another area where hipsters galore. The only thing I don't like is that my last ex's name is Austin.

9. Orlando, Florida: Two words: Disney World. Too bad Cecilio doesn't really wanna go, saying that we Californians already have Disneyland, which is the original one!

To my domestic and international readers, have you visited the U.S.? What states and cities have you visited or are dying to go to? 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar