Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review of Besame Cosmetics' Classic Color Lipstick in Red Velvet

Last week, I received my order from Besame Cosmetics which included a Cashmere Powder Compact and a new Classic Color Lipstick in Red Velvet ($22.00 USD)


I already own a Classic Color Lipstick in Besame Red (a bright neutral that leans slightly warm). I have several bright-toned reds from various brands and lately I realized I wanted a more deep red. After viewing several swatches of  Besame shades online, I narrowed my choice down to Red Velvet.

Red Velvet is a darker red that reminds me of MAC Russian Red combined with MAC's Viva Glam I. The color is not cool or warm and it seems to have a touch of garnet in it. When I compare Red Velvet to Besame Red, Red Velvet is more subdued yet still dramatic. Basically Besame Red = bright fire engine, candy apple red and Red Velvet = the darker red tone of red velvet cake. Thus, the name "Red Velvet" is fitting.

Here is a swatch of Red Velvet on my hand:

This is me wearing Red Velvet today (I was still in my robe earlier! Lazy Sunday for sure!)
I really like this lipstick because it is different from all the other lipsticks I wear and I adore the garnet hue. I paired MAC lip pencil in Brick with this and it matches perfectly.

So, if you are looking for a darker red that is a neutral with tones of garnet and pomegranate, then give Besame's Red Velvet a try!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar