Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Guest Post: Lisa's Summer Beauty Must Haves!

When it comes to the summer months, and especially with this recent heat wave we’re having, there are certain beauty products I turn to.



During the summer months I tend to not wear as much foundation. Not only do I find it really heavy on my skin, but it also tends to sweat off my face. Lovely image I know, but it’s true. I used to stick to tinted moisturisers, but since I’ve discovered BB Creams, I’m not favouring them during the summer. My current favourite is The Body Shop’s Vitamin E BB cream, which I find to be the perfect balance between coverage and not too heavy on the skin. I’m actually a massive fan of the whole Body Shop Vitamin E range, so I was pretty pleased when this came out.

I’m sure you know about protecting your skin from the sun, but something I didn’t realise until recently is that you also need to protect your lips. It only took one time of burning my lips to learn from this mistake. Cherry Carmex is my favourite thing to protect my lips, not only does it taste amazing, but it also contains SPF 15, perfect to protect you from burnt lips.

One of my favourite moisturisers during the summer months is the Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Nourishing Lotion. I know for a lot of people this is their favourite over the winter as it is a rather intensive moisturiser, but I find if I’ve been sat out a lot in the sun my skin tends to dry out. So to ensure my skin stays nice and soft I apply this every evening.

Lush Tea Tree Water is another favourite of mine.  This stuff is a life savour when it comes to summer. Not only is it a great toner, it comes in pretty hand when it’s crazy hot, as there’s nothing better than using this to cool yourself down with. A couple of spritzes of this will have you feeling more refreshed in no time.  

And probably the most important one last, sun cream! If you’re going to be outside this summer make sure to apply sun cream. I can’t stress how important applying sun cream is, and I won’t be found outside this summer without wearing at least factor 30.

So that’s my summer essentials this year, do you do much the same or do you have any other favourites?

Lisa
http://www.lisahh-jayne.com/

A note from Shona: Thanks Lisa for a great summer post! And readers listen to her words, don't leave the house without at least SPF30 on and don't forget to reapply!!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar