Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Diorshow Mascara Waterproof review



Aah mascara, that one product that doesn't have to be high end. Whether I'm using Catrice, L'Oreal or Physician's Formula, I can't tell the difference, especially not between the different results.

But I'll happily invest in a mascara that is easy to use, doesn't stain my eyelids and lasts during a rain storm.

So, I thought I should try it at least, a high end mascara. I was in France anyway, and I felt like spending. I was at a perfumerie in the beautiful medieval Sarlat. It's was almost 40° C, so hot that it made me long for early Autumn. And what did I see? An ad for Dior's Autumn look.



I mean, it was stunning, a blonde model is wearing a turtle neck (if I may call it that) grey sweater, a nude lip and silver eyeshadow, but what catches the eye the most are her gorgeous lashes. Of course there's also a lot of eyeliner, blending, curling, photoshopping, in the picture, but you get my point. I was instantly longing for the end of summer.

I just popped in and got the expensive mascara. This is such big news to me because I'm still in college and not making any money yet. Any money I get goes to cosmetics, clothes or a bottle of water in my auditorium.

The mascara was near 40 euros in July. Now that I look it up it seems like some websites are offering it for 30 euros.

Now, what do I think of this mascara?

First of all, luckily, it has a brush and not a comb. A comb, for me, carries too much product, which not only causes direct stains, but also leads to slower drying, causing the tips of my lashes to stain even after minutes, whether the product is waterproof or not. Having oily lids is especially dangerous then, so I blot the whole day.

The brush is super fat and carries a very even amount of product, I must say. It comes out very clean. No caked up product on the rims even after a few tries, no lumps in the brush, on the contrary, it is perfectly spread over the brush. I almost thought that the tube was empty.

Application isn't very easy with such a fat brush. It might be my long lashes, and a girl has advised me to blink my lashes over the mascara rather than moving the macara, to avoid staining. Even when I do this, the mascara still stains.

The mascara spreads lashes perfectly but doesn't apply a lot of product. The look isn't exactly intense. I think it dries slowly because it was hard to build up the product. And it does stain a lot! I will have to use my Tweezerman mascara guard for this on, because it ruined my eyeshadow.

I bought the waterproof version, and it does stay on perfectly. The only problem is oily lids, but hey, oil isn't water...

All in all I'm quite pleased with this mascara. I wouldn't say it's worth the money since it's probably a very small share of the price that's going to the ingredients. In the future I would like to find another (expensive) mascara, but this time from an organic brand. I just bought a physician's formula one that claims to be organic, but I'm afraid it won't be waterproof. I'll do a review next time.

I like this mascara better than my L'Oreal Wings Mascara, I don't like it more than the Volume Million Lashes one, and I like it a little better than the Catrice Babydoll. But when I look at the price, I think highstreet brands are definitely more worth it. I'd say that the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes is still the best mascara in the world.

x

Helene

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar