Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

50 Random Facts About Me | Tag


Hiddely-ho folks! So. I've seen this '50 random facts about me' thing going on just recently and I thought it was about time I got my teeth into a little personal/life related post! I really struggled thinking of 25 let alone 50! But nevertheless I persevered, racked my little brain and I got there in the end.. You may have also seen on Twitter that I got to the end of this post and accidentally deleted every single word of it like the complete clumsy little elf I am.. So I've had to think of 50 facts about me, twice over! A task and a half I'm sure you can imagine..

1.  My hair is naturally poker straight.

2. I've always had fairly light hair and I had white 'barbie' hair up until the age of about 10/11.

3. I love watching prison documentaries. Or anything with Louie Theroux in. If a programme has a title containing something along the lines of  'the world's worst prisons' then the record button is most certainly pressed. And well, if Louie Theroux is presenting said programme then Oh My Goodness it's a dream come true.

4. I have a teeny-tiny mole underneath the ridge of my bottom lip that always gets mistaken for a biro mark. 

5.  I used to really want to be an air hostess. Up until the age of 11 when i decided half-way to Florida that I was actually scared of flying.

6. Which brings me on to my next point... I'm fascinated by all things travel related. If I hadn't gone to uni to study graphic design I would have probably pursued a career in travel & tourism. There's just something that's really captured me about travel from a very young age - I even went to great lengths to get a work placement in a travel agent at 15! I think working abroad would be an amazing experience.

7. My favourite colour is blue.

8. I love ice hockey. Watching it. Not playing it.

9. I'm an only child. Although I wouldn't describe myself as a 'typical only child'.

10. My lucky number is 4.

11.  I made my best friend watch 'Bend It Like Beckham' with me over and over again when we were younger simply because Jonathon Rhys Meyer's accent made me swoon.

12.  I love elephants. I adore them. I think they're beautiful. I'd have a pet one if it was physically possible.

13. When I was a very young child I used to carry a toy hoover around with me everywhere. (wahhh strange..) I used to love my wooden toy farm and Polly Pockets were the best thing since sliced bread!

14. My first crush was on Leonardo Di Caprio and me and one of my school friends used to sit and watch 'The Beach' everytime we had a sleepover. What a dish.

15.  I'm terrified of cockroaches. The way they move, the way their little whisker things flail around in the dark and how evil they look. They disgust me.

16.  I hate it when people speak in overly posh accents like they're the queen or something. It's almost like they put it on and it really annoys me. Unless of course they are actually the Queen. That's fine...

17. I love cats. All of them. Even the grumpy ones.

18. I have a weakness for Chinese takeaways.

19. I have a massive sombrero hat underneath my bed. I bought one thinking it was hilarious when on holiday. I obviously didn't think about the practicality of bringing it home again..

20.  I love cheesecake. Any kind but vanilla is best! The Cheesecake Shop is my favourite sweet treat.

21. I could watch the TV series 'Benidorm' on repeat. I don't know why I love it so much. I guess it's because it's easy watching!

22. I can't wait to have my own place to decorate. Going to IKEA is my idea of a smashing day out.. even if it is for the free pencils and a hot dog at the end.

23. I love airports. When i was little I remember my parents taking me to the airport cafe so I could sit and listen to the 'airplane' noises for a little while.

24. I kept a diary every day when I was in year 8. I still have it and sometimes have a read back through it for jokes and giggles. Every single page is either about boys or my hatred of PE lessons as I was completely useless at it (i once twisted my arm attempting to do a 'vault' over a tiny little stool and I knocked down the entire high jump and landed in a heap on the gym floor - PE was definitely not my forte!) Funny how not being able to hit the ball in rounders was the only thing I had to worry about back then...

25.  I'm a bit of an art geek. I could happily spend a whole afternoon trawling round art galleries and having arty-farty conversations with strangers...

26. I really want to get into Graphic Design or Illustration when I finish uni. I want a job I enjoy doing for a living.

27. I don't drink a lot of alcohol. It just doesn't agree with me. I stop drinking once I feel tipsy and move onto soft drinks! I just can't take my drink very well... who says you can't have a good night out on Sprite!?

28. I hate mayonnaise. I cant eat anything with it on. Even if it's just a little droplet of the stuff.

29.  I collect children's books as I love the illustrations in them. My favourites being 'Where The Wild Things Are' and 'The Tiger Who Came To Tea'. 'The Rainbow Fish' doesn't go a miss either...

30. I hate people listening to me on the telephone if I'm having a full blown conversation!

31. I hate horror movies. Or anything overly 'jumpy' - they bring on my panic attacks! Give me a rom-com any day...

32. I loved English Language at school and I used to look forward to any creative writing lessons. Actual Swot.

33. I once dyed my hair black on a whim because I love Mila Kunis' hair. It looked effing awful and I kept it for all of 12 hours. It took ages to get it back to a half decent colour.  One of the worst beauty mistakes I ever made.

34. My car's name is Mirabelle. Whenever I go anywhere I tap her on the steering wheel before I get out as if to say 'thankyou' for being such a good car! Ahaha.. weirdo..

35. I love crisps. I'd eat them over chocolate anyday and will happily sit and scoff packets one after the other.

36. I am so forgetful. I forget everything and anything. I have post-it notes all over my bathroom mirror and I even have to put them on the back of my iPhone so I remember things.  I almost always still forget. I've heard it gets worse as you get older.. so at 22 I have no hope!

37. If something annoys me I find it very difficult not to speak up. I'm not a confrontational person at all.. in fact - I hate arguments. But if I'm really against something or if I have something to say I like to speak up for myself.

38.  I'm addicted to buying bikinis! I buy ridiculous amounts of them and as a result now have to dedicate a whole drawer in my bedroom to them.  It's silly really seeing as I only ever wear them when i'm abroad.. but they're something I enjoy buying and I have one for every single mood and 'level of tan' possible!

39. I used to ask Santa Claus for a donkey every year when I was little. Never got one.

40. I love summer and sunny days put me in a reet good mood in an instant!

41. I hate coffee. I hate the smell of it on people's breaths and I find the taste awful! I like the smell of it when it's in the mug though..

42.  I love perfumes. I have a drawer full of them!! and yes.. i use them all!!

43.  I struggle to say the word 'squirrel'

44. I am the biggest home bird you will ever meet.  I love being cosy at home and it's very rare I will venture out of my house once the pyjamas have gone on. I much prefer nights in to nights out!

45. I've become a secret fan of watching Question Time. But it often gets my back up!

46.  I love Greece. I love it's simplicity and the whole culture surrounding it. I think it's very endearing and it holds a special place in my heart.

47.  I have a fascination with abandoned places. There's an abandoned theme park near me and I used to go there when I was a child. There's not much left of it now - it's being built on in the near future but there's something a bit spooky about places that used to be full of people that are now completely deserted. I'm still yet to find someone who wants to go with me. Suppose it is a bit strange though .. 'oh hey.. fancy taking a trip to that huge expanse of un-used land with me?' hmmm..

48. I'm crap at maths. But i'm pretty snappy with percentages! I must have been very selective with what I learnt in Maths lessons.. I'm a whizz when it comes to working out how much discount i'll get off something in Topshop. Sod algebra! 

49.  I love reading books about crime and grisly stuff! I think I secretly want to be a member of CSI...

50.   I love wearing heels. I wear them most days.. even if it's just a little one... I lack in the height department so an extra bit of tall-ness allows me to feel like I mean business!



A massive pat on the back to you if you actually made it to the end! Do i share any of these random things in common with any of you?!
  


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar